Cleaning is essential for our body, mind, and the house. Nowadays, the spread of Coronavirus has made it vital for everybody to keep their surroundings germ free, therefore sanitizing hands and every corner of the house is crucial these days.
There are several advantages of keeping your house clean like:
- There will be germs free environment.
- You can breathe fresh air.
- Your mind will work positively.
- Your children and parents would not get ill frequently.
- Your house will look beautiful.
- Cleaning household materials regularly will increase their lifetime.
- You can avoid skin allergies and issues.
- It is safe for kids and pets.
Below is some advice that helps you and your family to stay safe during the pandemic.
How Often Do You Need To Disinfect The House?
Understand the difference between cleaning and disinfecting; cleaning means to remove the visible dust particles from the floor and the corners, while disinfecting means to kill the germs and bacteria using chemical sprays.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), one must disinfect their house regularly to deal with COVID-19. Clean and disinfect bathroom, rooms, kitchen, lawn, and balcony at least once a week.
To protect your house during coronavirus, disinfect the high-touch-areas that include door handles, water tabs, remotes, phone, Almira, and switchboards. A person touches these surfaces frequently in a day, and chances are other family members are touching them too. Hence, it is essential to clean them daily.
What Things Do You Need To Disinfect The House?
It depends on which type of surface you are going to clean, whether it is the hard surface like floor, tiles, slabs, skins, and walls, or soft surfaces like curtains, carpets, beddings, furniture, and upholstery.
For hard surfaces, you can use regular cleaning soap or liquid wash by directly putting the small amount of cleansing agent and wash it with normal water. If required, you can place small droplets of the liquid washer on the paper towel to clean the surface.
Soft surfaces need special disinfectants as they need to store their color and texture. First, wipe off the dry dust particles with vacuum or broom and then apply the cleansing agent suitable for the carpet, curtains, or upholstery.
Advice: Use gloves and wear a mask during the cleaning process. Dispose of them after every use.
How To Keep Your House Safe During And After COVID-19?
Washing hands is not enough to prevent coronavirus transmission; one must sanitize their house and maintain proper hygiene routine.
- Remove your shoes before entering the house.
- Sanitize every packed product.
- Keep your clothes away that you have worn out from the clothes you wear at home.
- Clean the dirty surface with detergent and water before disinfecting it with the sanitizer.
- Keep extra masks and alcohol contained sanitizer at home, and keep them with you while going out.
- Use disposal gloves for cleaning and change them every time you disinfect your home.
- Clean under the bed, corners of the kitchen, slabs of the bathroom, and high-touch-area.
- Try to stay at home as much as you can to deal with this pandemic.
Keynote: Go outside when needed for buying essential products (food items, medicines, gloves, masks, and sanitizers). When each member of the family takes proper precautions, then everybody will stay healthy.